Senior Database Administrator
White Plains, New York
While some people can see only the path in front of them, you're looking for routes that no one's ever taken. So go on - use your imagination to completely change the auto industry.
The Senior DBA role is responsible for providing operational and engineering database support to AutoNation. This role will also be involved in Senior level discussions within the team and outside team and be a representative of the DBA team in architectural discussions at AutoNation. We are a SQL Server heavy shop on our journey to the cloud (AWS + Azure).
As a member of AutoNation's DBA team, the role requires frequent interaction with teams including Application Development, QA, PMO, Security, DevOps, Network Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering.
- Administer and maintain all environments and provide day-to-day operational support
- Provide thought leadership, advice and guidance in your field of expertise, especially for architecture and design
- Provide inputs in setting governance and standards related to all aspects of databases
- Reduce the frequency and duration of IT database failures
- Perform ongoing tuning of database instances
- Build and provide actionable reports in support of performance testing to be submitted to the project teams to review and provide follow up actions to ensure optimum support to meet SLAs
- Provide problem and root cause analysis data to the IT support organization through capacity management tools and techniques
- Plan and implement backup and recovery of databases
- Control migrations of database changes through the development life cycle
- Perform database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure uptime of the database
- Put standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 7 years' experience with database administration for MSSQL Server 2014 and up
- Minimum 3 years of SQL server database architecting experience
- Experience with administering databases greater than 5 TB
- Experience in architecting a vldb
- Automation experience for day to day tasks is required.
- Experience with High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server 2014 and up, including failover clustering, log shipping, and MSSQL Always On
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems (performance issues, database integrity issues, blocking and deadlocking issues)
- Experience in MS SQL Business Intelligence Stack (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS)
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server backup and recovery scenario
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server replication
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts is desirable
- Experience with mongodb, mysql, aurora is desirable
- Experience with Delphix is highly desirable
Next Possible Position: Lead DBA
- Requires travel within USA
- Possible longer hours during production incidents
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented.
Medical & cancer insurance
Choose from several plan providers, such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, or other additional full insured options. In addition, we have company paid cancer insurance.
Visit the dentist and receive preventive and diagnostic services at little or no cost.
Flexible spending accounts
Contribute up to $2,550 in tax-free funds in our optional health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
Save hundreds of dollars off your insurance premiums by taking a free biometric screening provided by AutoNation.
Basic life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Provided by AutoNation at no cost to you.
Continue receiving a source of income if you are unable to work because of illness, pregnancy or non-job-related injury.