Senior Desktop Support Technician
While some people can see only the path in front of them, you're looking for routes that no one's ever taken. So go on - use your imagination to completely change the auto industry.
The AutoNation Client Architecture team provides world-class service and desk side support to all internal customers, as well as engineer solutions for client-side problems. The Senior Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for supporting AutoNation’s client endpoint users’ devices remotely and in person. This person will be responsible for escalations from our service desk support, support partners and junior members of the desktop team. The Senior Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for triaging and analyzing solutions for AutoNation Associates.
Directly reports to the Client Architecture Manager and interact with other members of the Client Architecture team and members of IT.
- Perform on-site and remote technical support.
- Install, configure, and perform minor repairs to various hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Provide Tier 2 technical support for both hardware and software issues to end users.
- Respond to and resolve internal IT requests.
- Will be first point of contact for escalated SSC desktop issues.
- Act as point of escalation for executive support.
- Handle Incident Queue administration (escalation, assignment, & organization).
- Support the Field Service Agents to troubleshoot issues in the field.
- Set-up equipment for Associate use and ensure proper installation of cables, operating systems, appropriate software, hardware, and configuration.
- Follow organizational guidelines for tracking inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study or any equivalent combination of background, skills and relevant work experience
- 4 years of experience with Enterprise IT
- 3 years of experience supporting Windows workstations
- Proficient in troubleshooting complex hardware and software issues
- Solid understanding of various systems management applications and application platforms such as Windows Client and Server
- Written and verbal communication skills to effectively resolve issues amongst team and end users
- Effective interpersonal skills to work with Associates at all levels in the organization and to seek resolution for process improvements with Manager’s guidance
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills to handle escalated issues
- Must meet company’s requirement for employment
- Valid in-state drivers’ license and have and maintain an acceptable safe driving record.
Next Possible Position: Client Architecture Engineer I
- May require driving to stores within 25 miles of SSC 10% annual travel.
- Required to travel to AutoNation HQ at least 3-4 times per year.
- Role may require prolonged periods of standing.
- Role requires the ability to lift equipment up to 50 lbs.
This job description intends to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented.
Medical & cancer insurance
Choose from several plan providers, such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, or other additional full insured options. In addition, we have company paid cancer insurance.
Visit the dentist and receive preventive and diagnostic services at little or no cost.
Flexible spending accounts
Contribute up to $2,550 in tax-free funds in our optional health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
Save hundreds of dollars off your insurance premiums by taking a free biometric screening provided by AutoNation.
Basic life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Provided by AutoNation at no cost to you.
Continue receiving a source of income if you are unable to work because of illness, pregnancy or non-job-related injury.