Fort Lauderdale, Florida
While some people can see only the path in front of them, you're looking for routes that no one's ever taken. So go on - use your imagination to completely change the auto industry.
The position reports directly to the Sr. Manager of Systems Engineering. This person will be using their extensive technical experience to provide operational support for AutoNation’s enterprise server and storage systems. This position will also play a role in project support and implementation.
Senior Manager, Systems Engineering
- 24/7 operational support of environment with a rotating on call pager
- Support and Maintenance of the AutoNation Infrastructure Stack
- Active Directory / DNS / DHCP
- Backup / Storage
- File and Print Services
- Citrix (XenDesktop/XenApp)
- Disaster Recovery
- Cisco UCS / Dell Servers
- Operating System patching and application deployment
- vmware & Hyper-v
- Red Hat Linux
- Microsoft Exchange / O365 Messaging Hybrid infrastructure
- Azure / AWS
- Communicates changes through established Change Control Process
- Coordinates/Updates Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Provide liaison support between various operating departments and their support staff
- Prepares and Performs capacity management trend analysis using a variety of reporting tools
- Provide assessment, design, execution and project management of key infrastructure related initiatives
- Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability.
- Assist Senior Engineers to architect solutions to meet business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information sciences or related focus
- MCSE & VCP preferred
- Minimum 4 years of infrastructure experience
- Extensive knowledge in Linux operating systems
- Expertise in Windows operating systems 2008/2012/2016
- Solid working knowledge of DNS, WINS, DHCP and networking protocols such as TCP/IP
- Strong understanding of routers/switches and firewalls
- Solid working knowledge of virtualization technology such as VMware and Hyper-V
- Must have balanced systems engineering background supporting Active Directory, DNS, Messaging & Backup
- Hands on experience with a cloud provider such as Azure or AWS
- Experience with Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp 7.X administration, deployments, installations, and troubleshooting.
- Project planning and project/team leadership experience, with strong analytical and problem determination skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Next Possible Position:
Senior Systems Engineer
Travel: Some travel may be required.
Physical Requirements: Some heavy lifting may be required.
Medical & cancer insurance
Choose from several plan providers, such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, or other additional full insured options. In addition, we have company paid cancer insurance.
Visit the dentist and receive preventive and diagnostic services at little or no cost.
Flexible spending accounts
Contribute up to $2,550 in tax-free funds in our optional health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
Save hundreds of dollars off your insurance premiums by taking a free biometric screening provided by AutoNation.
Basic life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Provided by AutoNation at no cost to you.
Continue receiving a source of income if you are unable to work because of illness, pregnancy or non-job-related injury.