Director, Technology Support
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
While some people can see only the path in front of them, you're looking for routes that no one's ever taken. So go on - use your imagination to completely change the auto industry.
Drive efficiencies for process improvement across multiple teams in order to drive down emergency and change management processes. Enable all the support functions to be centralized under one leader. Lead the team responsible for resolving escalations and providing operational and business support company wide.
- Reports to Vice President, Technology Operations
- Manage a team of 5-6 direct reports with overall responsibility for a team of approximately 15 Associates.
Lead the following areas:
- Major Incident Management
- Change Management
- Network Operations Center
- Field Support
- Client Architecture
- Develop strategies to improve the change and incident management process; lead the charge for Corporate and Field technology issues including proper allocation of resources in multiple functional areas to ensure an end-to-end holistic resolution for the business.
- Liaise with the business on process improvement and solutioning to facilitate broad-scale processes across the organization.
- Assess and implement process improvements to the Change Management procedures; develop a plan to reduce outages and the impact to the business.
- Improve Incident Management strategy to reduce system outages impacting business operations company wide.
- Drive down the number of emergency changes and severity one incidents related to changes.
- Build process and standard operating procedures for network, application and infrastructure to perform triage and escalations on outage incidents.
- Manage outsource field services and helpdesk vendors to ensure compliance of contractual service levels and escalations.
- Build relationships across multiple teams to meet broad scale company-wide technology solutions and operational processes
- Perform other job related functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of relevant background, skills and experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 8+ Years’ experience managing or direct involvement in IT Operations.
- Strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency to understand impact to the business.
- Extensive familiarity with Service Now, ITSM, ITIL and other IT process management tools and processes.
- Proven effective leadership of a team of 5-8 direct reports, sub teams of 15 and higher.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with the challenges and issues confronting a large, diverse organization and work across organizational boundaries.
- Proven ability to be an effective leader to a team with ability to interact effectively with various agencies, suppliers and business stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with key stakeholders across the enterprise to be successful with delivering major objectives.
- Able to lead, influence, collaborate and communicate effectively with executives and Associates at all levels.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Extensive oversight of Change/Incident Management policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and understanding of business impact.
Next Possible Position:
Medical & cancer insurance
Choose from several plan providers, such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, or other additional full insured options. In addition, we have company paid cancer insurance.
Visit the dentist and receive preventive and diagnostic services at little or no cost.
Flexible spending accounts
Contribute up to $2,550 in tax-free funds in our optional health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
Save hundreds of dollars off your insurance premiums by taking a free biometric screening provided by AutoNation.
Basic life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Provided by AutoNation at no cost to you.
Continue receiving a source of income if you are unable to work because of illness, pregnancy or non-job-related injury.