Client Architecture Engineer
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
While some people can see only the path in front of them, you're looking for routes that no one's ever taken. So go on - use your imagination to completely change the auto industry.
The AutoNation Client Architecture team provides world-class service and support to all internal customers, as well as engineer solutions for client-side problems. The Client Architecture Engineer I will be responsible for supporting AutoNation’s client endpoint environment remotely and in person. Duties include package deployment, Windows Image creation and distribution, level 3 application support, Project based work, MDM administration, OS patching, Group Policy management and Tier 3 end user support.
Directly reports to the Client Architecture Manager and interact with other members of the Client Architecture team and members of IT.
- Provide Tier 3 technical support for both hardware and software issues to end users.
- Package and deploy applications to end user systems.
- Manage BYOD and Corporate-Owned mobile device via VMWare’s airwatch.
- Create and deploy Group Policy Objects (GPO) to workstations.
- Collaborate with the business to research and implement new technology.
- Responsible for several applications lifecycle.
- Work with the Field Service Agents and service desk to troubleshoot escalated issues in the field, SSC and corporate location.
- Incident Queue administration (escalation, assignment, & organization).
- 4 years’ of Enterprise IT experience
- 3 years’ experience supporting Windows workstations
- 4-year undergraduate degree in a related subject area or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in troubleshooting complex hardware and software issues
- Solid understanding of various systems management applications and application platforms such as Windows Client and Server.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Required to work in an on-call rotation every 6-8 weeks
- Good understanding of networking principles
- Solid understanding of various systems management applications and application platforms such as Windows Client and Server OS, Tanium, and VMware AirWatch.
- Strong analytical and problem determination skills
All position descriptions should include the following:
- Must meet company’s requirements for employment.
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
Next Possible Position: Client Architecture Engineer II
- Requires travel within 25 miles of AutoNation corporate HQ
- Candidate must be ok with prolonged periods of standing.
- Ability to operate an automobile.
- The role requires the ability to lift equipment up to 50 lbs
The above are examples. To comply with the Americans with Disability Act, please include the percentage of time spent performing physical aspects of the job, e.g., walking, standing, sitting, lifting, etc. and list any unusual working conditions, e.g., regular use of power tools.
This job description intends to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented.
Medical & cancer insurance
Choose from several plan providers, such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, or other additional full insured options. In addition, we have company paid cancer insurance.
Visit the dentist and receive preventive and diagnostic services at little or no cost.
Flexible spending accounts
Contribute up to $2,550 in tax-free funds in our optional health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
Save hundreds of dollars off your insurance premiums by taking a free biometric screening provided by AutoNation.
Basic life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Provided by AutoNation at no cost to you.
Continue receiving a source of income if you are unable to work because of illness, pregnancy or non-job-related injury.